Sunday 30 October 2016

Railway Adventure - L.T.C. Rolt

After yesterday's trip to Expo Narrow Gauge I'm a bleary-eyed bundle of aches and pains today and will be resting up with this for company…

Copy of the book 'Railway Adventure' by L.T.C. Rolt

I suspect that most people reading this will be familiar with the book but just in case, I can do no better than to borrow the following quote from the website LTC Rolt, writer and engineer

"Railway Adventure is a very full and fair account of the first two years of the world's first successful take-over and restoration of a moribund railway by enthusiasts and volunteers. The main object of the book at the time was, of course, to help publicise and assist the Talyllyn Railway Preservation Society’s cause. In this it succeeded…"

Although e-books are increasing in popularity I still prefer print for many reasons, not least that you can use an old railway ticket as a bookmark! (I noticed recently that Mrs. B is currently using an old Paris Metro ticket in that very fashion…)

Also on my beside table is something I picked up yesterday for the princely sum of £1 from The OO9 Society Members Sales and Recycling Stand.

An early edition of the Talyllyn Railway Official Guide

There's no obvious date on it but I'm guessing late 1950s…

No comments:

Post a Comment