Wednesday 2 November 2016

Project no.1 - Black Dog Mining Co 'Mite'

This will hopefully become the first loco for an O-9 (7mm scale, 9mm gauge) layout that's currently in the planning stages. It's a simple enough looking kit but given my ham-fisted nature I'm sure that it's still possible for me to muck it up!

Project no.1 Black Dog Mining Co 'Mite'Project no.1 - Black Dog Mining Co 'Mite' - The kit

Steve Bennett's 'Black Dog Mining Co' produces a range of loco and rolling stock kits for O-9 that are available from Pepper7 and I've had this example on the shelf for a year or two…

Power will come from an N gauge Bachmann Plymouth Diesel Switcher chassis 'which is very simple to convert to a four wheeler' (according to the kit's instructions… I won't be bothering with this, the extra pair of wheels will barely be visible…)

Livery-wise I'm currently thinking military olive green with yellow buffer beams… We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment